Weekly Update! November 21, 2009

Filed under: Uncategorized — beyondtheoutside @ 11:53 PM

Here is my weekly update that I sent off to Christina tonight!

The red wording is side-notes and things i just added in, post e-mail.

Weekly update 🙂

Note: I didn’t proof-read this because, well-it’s just too long. So if I used bad grammar or spelled something wrong, please forgive me 🙂
Just FYI about this e-mail- I wrote it each day. so I wrote it sounds kind of funny, but I didn’t write about Monday on Wednesday, I wrote each day.

Saturday: Well, I slept until nine since I was up half the night talking to you (I was talking to Christina until like 3.30 or something ridiculous) 🙂 I spent the day cleaning, making bunches of cards, and doing homework. I went to the apple store because my ipod’s mail setting was frozen. everything works well but when I clicked the mail button, it wouldn’t let me click on anything once in there. Anyway, I went in and they told me that I had scheduled my appointment for Sunday, not for Saturday. I was frustrated. The nice man did help me fix one of my two problems though. Besides that, my day was nothing to talk about.

Sunday: I went to grace this week. I left soon after to get started on homework. This week will be crazy with projects and stuff-3 projects due, three extra credit assignments, and then the normal homework as well.

Monday was Monday…You know. I went to classes, went to an extra credit thing for spanish, and then came home for some homework/nap time. I’m still exhausted all the time, so I was trying to do homework, but falling asleep. At 4 I met with the disabilities counselor at my school-whoever would have thought, haha. But anyway, she was just meeting with me to give me info about getting this test done to confirm this “foreign language learning disability” thing. That was fine, a short meeting. I went out to buy multi-vitamins and was overwhelmed by all the options, so wound up going home empty handed. Just in the “one-a-day” section there are sooo many different kinds! OAD energy, women’s, teen girls, teen boys, mens, mens 50+, woman’s 50+, women’s heart health, etc. I just didn’t know which was right for me. Anyway, that was monday. Quite uneventful and long. Oh, and I went to the library and got a couple books-all from Donald Miller, and amazing writer. He wrote, “Blue Like Jazz,” which I’m sure you’ve heard of. I got a book on CD called, “To Own a Dragon.” I’m planning on listening to it this week on my way to school and work. I’m sure it will take a long time to finish it, but I have it until x-mas eve. 🙂

Tuesday- Typical, but not. I went to school. JP and I are running a 5k-this is the one that you went with her to in December last year. I’m so excited. I didn’t realize how fast the day was coming up–it’s on the 6th. So I tried to start training a little bit more for the race. I ran a whole lot, like…2 miles, coming close to completely destroy my knees. I also wanted to see if I could sprint for a minute at 8.2 mph. I typically run at a 5 or so, and 8 was stretching me. I had never run that fast before. So I set the speed at 8.2 and got ready to jump on. My three closest friends in the class were watching me stood around because they thought i was slightly crazy. But, i did it! I almost fell when I jumped on, not realizing just how fast that really was. But, I recovered and ran for two minutes at that speed. I hope to do it again on Thursday, maybe for longer. Bio was fun because my teacher had her evaluation today from her bosses. They sat in on class for half of it. She told us ahead of time and told us she was going to go back and re-do a lecture she already did. She told us we would get a lot of extra points of we participate and basically make her look smart. So I did just that. I asked seemingly dumb questions, questions I knew the answer to, but seemed smart. I asked questions that I asked LAST time we did the lecture, to try to help her out. Then she gave us a quiz on the lecture and an in class assignment. She gave us 100’s on both things, even if we didn’t get 100 because she wanted to reward us 🙂 Then she just gave us more points for participating. She said she tacked on a few extra for me since I definitely helped her out the most 😀 Spanish was weird that day too because we just went over our test. I got a 55, worst I’ve gotten yet. The class average was a 58 though, so I feel a LITTLE better. This girl who got a 98 last time without studying got a 54 this time around, and she studied. It was a killer test. We just went over the test then were let out because we had to go to this spanish dancing thing for extra credit if we wanted. Of course I went, and it was boring. Oh well, it was worth the extra credits. Then I had work and caregroup. I went because I had absolutely NO homework that day. We were talking about ideas to become more involved in our communities.  Anyway, that was Tuesday.

Wednesday, nothing too exciting. School, work. I went to sociology and my professor FINALLY gave me back my paper that he told me he would review. Our final for that class is a huge paper-like, I’m 3/4 of the way done and have 17 pages. It’s basically just 7 loaded questions that are like “discuss…explain…” different sociological things. He told us that if we handed him some of our questions as we finished them, he would review them to ensure we got an A on the final (he is ALL about his students getting A’s). Anyway, he finally gave me back the first two questions. I was happy because he said they were both “very nice” and “well written” and just had like 2 corrections on each paper-not bad for 2, 3-5 page papers. That was exciting. I skipped swimming. It was just one of those days I did NOT feel like being wet and swimming. I was also sore from all that running the day before, so I skipped. You can miss three times and I haven’t missed at all, so I just went home. I showered and went back for theatre later. We’re doing improve things right now. We had to write the plot and how the play will go, but we cant write lines. So it’s really really funny. It has to be 10-15 minutes. My group wrote a really funny one. Luckily I don’t have a part that has to speak. I’m terrible, like REALLY terrible at improve, so I got the part that doesn’t do too much-basically two men just fight over my love the whole time. That’s been fun. We perform it on Monday! I then went off to work, and came home after. Nothing too exciting. I found out that it is secured that I am gaining another day of work next semester. I hope I don’t regret working 4 days a week and going to school 2 days! I’ll now be at work M,T,W,TH and school T, TH. I’ll be working with Emily on Monday’s, so that should be interesting!

Thursday. Ugh, what a long day! This was a big day with two big projects due. I turned in my fitness one and then we did an in class assignment. We only got to work out for 30 minutes because the assignment took a while. I just did walking on the track. I wanted to run so badly, but i had forgotten to take my birth control for THREE days, so I got my body all off track and was cramping up reaaaal bad. I wouldn’t have even gone to school, but I HAD to for those projects. I did get about a mile+ in from walking, but I was sad I couldn’t run more 😦 Then I had bio, which was normal. She made a spreadsheet of all of our grades so she could give us a more concrete, definite grade so far. Usually she just will glance at our grades so far and give us a general guess of our grade. I have a high A. I couldn’t believe it. I’m not bad at the class, it’s just that she has amazingly hard tests and I got a 70 and an 84. So I thought I’d have…well, NOT an A, haha. Then I had the dreaded Spanish. We did our presentations. Four minute, multi-media, spanish speaking presentations. Shoot me now. I couldn’t believe it. It was so hard. It’s 101 for crying out loud, I can’t talk in Spanish for 4 minutes! My friend, taking the same class at the same school just with a different teacher-she only had to do FOUR SENTENCES for her oral presentation. I was not happy. Anyway, I talked about the seasons and tried to use adjectives. I didn’t feel like it went well at all and it was under four minutes. I got a 90 anyway! So that was good. My grade is now at 83. I still have yet to take the final though. I have 1 more project-it’s a group project, and then the final. The tests are what bring me down though, so we’ll see what grade I end up with! i just want to pass the freaking class!!! Anyway, enough with that. I then went to work, which was boring. Depending who is the boss that day, work can be so boring! And if I’m in a bad mood sometimes i just want to hurt the kids. But, I always find patience 🙂 Then I drove 1 1/2 hours home-traffic was AWFUL. I pulled in the driveway, didn’t even turn the car off, Will, Mary, and Scotty got in, and I had to take them to their group at GCC. I stayed there till it was over, doing homework during it. Then I finally got to go home when it was over. That was a forever long day. Oh, and I already finished “to own a dragon” today! It was a GREAT read! I loved it. When you come back you’ll have to read it. Now I’m finishing “a million miles in a thousand years” and getting more books at the library tomorrow!

Friday- I skipped sociology, and I’m glad I did because I got to talk to you! I did some homework and “personal chores” and then headed out to get my blood done. I pride myself in how well I do when they take my blood. As long as I don’t look I am great-I just talk the whole time and don’t even say “ow” lol. They’ll have the results in a couple business days. Afterwards my arm was killing me. It’s been hurting real bad if I straighten it. Ouch. Hopefully it will feel better in the morning, because I am decorating GCC. So that’s gonna need my arm to be feeling good 🙂 I took advil, so that should help. I went to the library, target and post office too-i hate running errands. I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a while though while at Target, so that was nice. I spent the rest of the night reading, doing homework, drinking coffee, and skyping with my friend in MO. It was a good day all in all.
Saturday- I was supposed to get up and go to GCC around 9-2 for decorating for the holidays. I was so tired when I woke up that I didn’t get there till 10. I just couldn’t get out of bed. I wasn’t feeling to hot either. I had an ulcer on my tongue and I think I was biting it in my sleep because I woke up with a really sore, yet numb, tongue. It did not feel good. By the time I got up and out of bed, I was feeling worse. Generally achy and exhausted. I hadn’t eaten much the day before, so I could tell my blood sugar was low because I was feeling that dizzy feeling too. Anyway, I got outta bed, grabbed some fruit snacks and headed out. By the time I got there, I was feeling even worse. I also started getting an extremely swollen gland. You know how you have glands on the side of your neck, right? Well apparently you have a gland right under your chin too. It’s about two inches up from where an Adam’s apple would be. Anyway, mine felt like the size of a golf ball and was visibly swollen. So I stuck it out and stayed till 12.30, still not feeling too hot. I came home, crashed for about three hours. People kept calling me and I was so frustrated because I was asleep! When I finally got up I had a little more energy to get outta bed and I cleaned up the kitchen a tiny bit and cleaned out the van. I still have no car 😦  I also hung up some clothes. I was glad to be a little productive. When my mom got home I had her feel my gland (i had called her and told her and she didn’t seem like it was a big deal, so I figured it was nothing). She touched it and thought it was gross and said I might want to get that checked out. It is kinda gross. I finally got enough energy to get outta bed again and take a shower-yay me. I couldn’t decide if I should go get it checked out or go to the singles meeting-they were going to talk about anxiety. So my mom called the doctor and she said that as long as it is not red and/or hot, that I should be fine, I have a bad infection. She said that it is typical that I have an ulcer and the swollen glad. She told me to come in on Monday if it is still swollen. I went to singles group. I got to talk to Sher for a while.
Then, on my way home (I left pretty soon after cuz my glad was only getting more sensitive and bigger), I was pulled over! I passed so many cops on my way home, but there was one in an unexpected place where he usually isn’t, and he got me. I was only going 7 over though! I was going 52 in a 45. I was on 43, and I’m sure you know that it’s pretty easy to go kinda fast on there. But really, 7 over? Come on now. He must have been bored. He pulled me over and blah blah blah. He asked if I had ever been pulled over before and what my driving record was like. I said I had a clean record and had never been pulled over-for speeding. I didn’t mention I got a warning way back a few months ago when I cut off a cop accidentally. As he walked back to his car I was just hoping he wouldn’t be able to see the warning on my record!!! Luckily, he must not have. I tried to muster up some tears and when he came back he said, “well, your driving record is clear and I’m gonna help you keep it that way,” and he handed me a warning. My parents weren’t mad. My dad got pulled over going like 73 there or something, haha. And really, who DOESN’T drive seven over? Really. I was frustrated. I just wanted to get home cuz I wasn’t feeling well but then it took forever to get home since being pulled over takes a long time.

ANYWAY, that was my week! Hope you feel filled in because I’m PRETTY sure I told you just about EVERY detail of my life, haha. Sorry these are so long, I have the feeling they wont be getting shorter…. sorry! I just do a lot in a day, haha. I do like it though because it’s almost like journaling-something I wish I did more often. I hope your week went well-I was so glad to talk to you a couple times! Tomorrow’s plan is to grab lunch with Anna, Julie, and Rachel after the service. I can’t wait! I miss Rachel tons since she’s been in school-we NEVER EVER see her since she’s talking like ALL AP classes and dancing more than ever. Anyway, that’s for next week’s e-mail.

I love you and miss you so much. I don’t think that China celebrates Thanksgiving, but have a great one anyway-and be excited to open my card 😛



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s